We all know at least one person who likes to kick a ball around every once in a while. Whether you’re playing five-a-side football in the city with mates or like to play with your kids on the weekends, we all know that the continuous exercise during the game is great for our cardiovascular health. But did you know there are a whole bunch of other health benefits, too?
Here are the top reasons why playing football is great for your overall health:
- It increases our aerobic capacity and cardiovascular health.
- It lowers body fat and improves muscle tone.
- It builds strength in your legs, flexibility, and endurance.
- It increases muscle and bone strength.
- It teaches and improves hand-eye coordination.
- It improves cognitive brain function with the increase in concentration, persistence, and self-discipline.
- It helps reduce anxiety and increases confidence.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need to play football close to home.