Getting lost in a good book is one of the best ways to relax, escape a hard day, and to let your imagination run wild. But carrying around a whole bunch of books when you head out is a drag, isn’t it? Opting for an e-reader is the perfect way to have an entire library of books right at your fingertips, without the heavy baggage.
Here are a few things to consider when looking for the right one for you:
- Would you prefer to have a basic e-reader that simply stores books, or would you like to have one with Wi-Fi capabilities so that you can search for an purchase books without needing to use a laptop?
- Once you decide on which type is best, consider things like ease-of-navigation, battery life, and how much storage space it has. These features will be the biggest differences between the different makes and models.
- Are you an avid reader? If so, an e-reader with extra storage and a long battery life will be the best option.
- Do you read only one or two books every few months? Perhaps a tablet will be your best bet. A tablet allows you to purchase e-reader apps to store your books, but also allow you to surf the internet, play games, and browse social media.
- Take some time to look at different screen sizes and types. Some e-readers have a back light so that you can read in the dark, while others don’t and you will need to read with a light at all times. If you have trouble with eyesight, perhaps a larger screen will be a better option for you.
- There is more than one type of file that e-books come in, so make sure the model of e-reader you choose will be compatible with all different types of files.
- If possible, visit a store to check out the different models in person before purchasing. Being able to see the different sizes and screen types up close will help you make your decision.
- Once you have seen them all and chosen which is best for you, Gumtree has plenty of pre-loved e-readers in great condition!