Have you ever washed your ride and noticed that it is just missing that new-car shine you would expect after a good clean? Us too. Unfortunately cleaning your ride isn’t quite enough, but that is where a good wax comes in. Not only will you give your ride that new-car shine you crave, it will also help protect the paint from the harsh South African sun.
Wax your ride with these 5 simple steps:
- Ensure the vehicle is as clean as possible and properly dried before getting started. Then, park your car somewhere out of the harsh sun, like in your garage, under a cover, or simply in the shade.
- Squeeze or scoop a small amount of wax onto a clean towel or applicator pad) if your wax came with one). Start with the roof and work your way down the vehicle.
- Dab the wax-applied cloth or applicator directly onto the paint and use a gentle circular motion to spread it around. Once you see a hazy white finish on the section you are working on, move on to the next spot.
- Once you have applied the wax to the entire vehicle, use another clean cloth to go over it all again; this is called polishing. Start with the roof again and simply buff away all dried wax until you see the shiny paint underneath. Move down the vehicle after each section is completed.
- Do a quick walk around inspection and go through steps 1-4 again on any missing sections.