While the current COVID19 crisis has us all stuck at home, the day will come where we can travel again…yay!
When that time comes, you will need to decide whether to book a hotel for your stay, or to grab a short-term vacation rental home or apartment. Believe it or not, there are some major perks to saying no to hotels and hello to short-term rentals.
Don’t believe us? Here are the top 5 reasons why:
- You’ll save money. If you are going away for a few days to a week or more, staying at a hotel gets very pricey. Renting a vacation home or apartment usually offers you far better extended stay rates.
- You can get a self-catering place rather than eating out at restaurants for every meal. Why fork out extra cash by eating out for every meal, when you can stay in some nights and cook a romantic meal for two in your own space? Rather save restaurants for a treat!
- You’ll have a bigger choice of locations to choose from. Hotels are located in hot-spots, but what about the little gem locations around the corner? Opting to stay in a vacation rental gives you a plethora of choices in areas you may have never thought to stay at.
- You’ll gain some inspiration. Travelling is meant to be good for the soul by allowing you to relax, recharge, and gain some inspiration. Staying in someone’s vacation rental gives you a glimpse into their lives with their curated space and unique décor. This is definitely not something you get staying in a hotel room where everything looks the same. You may also find the owner personalizes the experience for you by leaving a few sweet treats or a complimentary bottle of wine for you to enjoy.
- You’ll get a local’s perspective. Of course, not every host offers this, but you’ll find that most will provide a list of the best restaurants, night life spots, hiking trails and more in the area.