Is your back garden just not up to scratch? Do your kids loath having to go play when there is just nothing for them to do? We’ve put together a few ways to turn your yard into a place your kids will be begging to spend time in.
And don’t forget, Gumtree is the perfect place to get these items for less!
- Outdoor Playsets. These come in all shapes and sizes but are the number one way to keep kids happy and entertained in the back garden. Sets can include climbing walls, slides, swings, and so much more. They can be made from wood, plastic, or metal, too. Because playsets are time consuming and often times difficult to put together, consider looking for one that has options for both toddlers and older children so that you get extra use out of them. Additionally, these sets are often quite pricey when bought brand new, but you should be able to find great second-hand sets on Gumtree for a fraction of the price.
- Outdoor Pools. We all know how hot the South African summers can get, so why not put in a pool? This does not have to be a full in-ground pool; blow up or larger above-ground pools will do the trick, too! Don’t forget to invest in a pool cover and floatation devices with little ones around.
- Swing Set. If you decide not to go for a playset or have chosen a playset that does not have a swing, getting a separate swing set is a great way to add some extra fun to children’s outdoor play. If you have multiple children at significantly different ages, consider choosing one that can attach multiple swings so that you can have a regular swing and baby swing on the same set. Another option, if you have large, sturdy trees in your yard, is to create your own with an old tyre or wood piece!
- Sand Box. There really is nothing like getting a little dirty and working on sensory play! A sand box is a great way to keep kids or all ages entertained and to let their imaginations run wild.
- Trampoline. Not only are trampolines loads of fun for kids, they’re a great way to ensure they are getting plenty of daily exercise, too!