All children grow up, and eventually all you are left with is a large closet full of used toys. These items do not have to sit around the house any longer! After all, what is the use of toys that no longer provide joy for those who used to love them? It’s time to make some extra cash from those who could use what you have to offer.
Here are our tips for making a little extra cash by selling children’s items on Gumtree:
- The first item your children will outgrow are their baby clothes and accessories, of course. There is no better time to save money then when preparing for a new baby, so these items are in high demand on Gumtree. Because of this, you’re sure to get a quick sale.
- The downside of buying clothing for kids is that they grow out of them so quickly, sometimes even before they’ve worn them for a full season. Find the silver lining by using this as an opportunity to make some extra cash. You’re bound to find many parents looking to save by purchasing gently used clothing for their little ones.
- A lot of toys lose their appeal as your kids grow older, like educational toys that are no longer useful once the concepts have been learnt and practiced. Sit down with your little ones and have them choose a few toys to sell; perhaps they can even put the money in a piggy bank to learn the concept of saving?
- When it comes to creating your Gumtree ads, make sure the title is short, clear, and lists an important feature. For example, if the item is in great condition, try adding ‘like-new’ in the title.
- Use bullet points to clearly describe the item, the brand, what it does, what condition it is in, and what pieces it comes with. Knowing all of this information ahead of time will appeal to buyers so that they don’t have to spend time asking you for more details.
- Don’t forget to include clear photographs from several different angles to show the condition. Try to photograph it against a clear, blank background with nothing else around to distract from the image.
- Lastly, the price you choose for the item should greatly depend on the condition it is in. Additionally, you can always do some research on Gumtree to ensure you are not over or under pricing.