Trusted Gumtree-listed roofing and waterproofing supplier, Partner at H2O, Emile Morsbach provides consumers with the key things to do to prepare for the big Cape storm.
- Secure doors and windows. Make sure they’re tightly secured and locked and, if you can cover your windows, it’s best to use plywood.
- Get evidence. Prepare by taking photos and videos of your home before the storm so you can demonstrate any damage to insurers.
- Store stuff. Patio furniture and other loose items should in your garage, shed or home.
- Protect your car. Get it in the garage and if you don’t have one, park it away from trees.
- Clean gutters. Remove debris so water can run down freely.
- Check your policy. Make sure your insurance policy is updated and there are no coverage gaps.
- Contact numbers. Prepare a list of high quality trustworthy contractors for emergencies. Gumtree has 54 listed suppliers in the Western Cape region prepared to service roofing and waterproofing across residential, commercial and retail properties.