With Spring Day around the corner, South Africans across the country are anticipating the coming of warmer days. It’s time to look for our favourite summer accessories including sunglasses, sandals and of course, stylish sun hats. Designed to protect our faces and shoulders from excessive sunlight, these sun hats must be chosen according to your specific needs and level of activity.
Don’t worry – Gumtree has you covered! Follow our tips to find the right sun hat for you.
- Windy summer days call for a sun hat with a wide brim and chin straps to keep it in place. These are also great for activities where there is a lot of movement or bending involved such as gardening.
- Buy hats with brims less than 3 inches especially if you are into playing sports to ensure your peripheral vision is not compromised.
- For those excessively hot days, we recommend using a visor or sun hat with mesh on the side for further cooling. Another great tip is to wet the hat and let evaporation do its magic to keep you cooler.
- It is recommended to choose a sun hat with a brim that is angled downwards so you are protected for longer periods of time.
- The size of the hat brim is a personal choice. Some love it large and floppy, while others may be distracted by anything more than 3 inches. However, we recommend going for a 4-inch brim that is angled downwards for the best protection.
- If you have dyed hair, avoid using visors that expose your hair to the UV rays, which can have an adverse effect on the colour.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local fashion information close to home.