If we’re all honest, most of us can say we are not that handy around the garden, especially when it comes to designing a well laid out, low-maintenance outdoor space. Like with most things these days, there are professionals to help in this situation. If a yard makeover is something on your to-do list this year, there are a few things to consider first before hiring a landscaper to ensure you get the best quality service for your money.
Reading reviews online is one thing, but there are ways and means of making inauthentic, amazing reviews for your business online so always be weary. Here are a few questions to ask them before hiring:
- Are you fully insured?
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide me with some references?
- Do you hire industry specialists or those with trained skills?
- This is my timeline; will you be able to meet this? If not, what is your proposed timeline for what I would like to have done?
- Are you able to provide a digital or physical drawing of your plans for my outdoor space so I can better visualize it?
- Do you have any service guarantees?
- Do you offer any warranties on any of your installations?
- How are your fees structured? Do I pay in advance, once the project is completed, or a deposit before the project gets started and the remainder upon completion?
- Will you get approval from me before going ahead with each step of the process?
- What materials will you be using?
- How much will this project cost, and is this fee all-inclusive?