Haute couture and high-end fashion may not have been on our agenda for the last year or more thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, there have been a few fashion trends, more specifically accessory trends that have ruled the roost in 2020 and 2021.
Gumtree outlines the most popular ones here:
- The chunky boot: This one made so much sense as South Africa underwent one of the chilliest winters in years. Low heels, rubber platforms, grungy styles – the chunky boot is the perfect accompaniment to jeans or feminine dresses. Its versatility and comfort made it a front runner for the trendiest accessories of the year.
- The bucket bag: The old-school bucket bags have made a comeback and how! From Louis Vuitton to Chanel, leading designers across the globe are reinventing this stylish accessory in colours and patterns like never before. Use it to carry your essentials while looking effortlessly chic!
- The statement necklace: This is a no-brainer but outfits have never been complete without that one signature piece of jewellery. And for 2020 and 2021, that has been the chunky or statement necklace. Pair it with a blazer, cardigan, or flowy dress to get that Insta-worthy shot today!
- The wide waist belt: The trendy wide waisted belt can be worn with pants, dresses or skirts, giving you an hourglass figure as it hugs the waist.
- The padded headband: Loved Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl? Now you can dress like her with gorgeous, padded headbands that are trendy and fun. These are available in simple, everyday styles or intricate designs with rhinestones and embellishments.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local fashion information close to home.