A service-based business is one that delivers work by completing tasks for the benefit of their customers. These include retail, transport, food services, grooming and much more. These businesses provide their expertise and skills, instead of producing a tangible product. A service-based business is very customer-oriented, thereby placing most of the focus on the management and satisfaction of their consumers.
Gumtree provides the following tips for a successful service-based business:
- Understand the needs and wants of your customers by asking them what they expect to get out of your service.
- Treat your customers well and offer professional and timeous services as and when promised.
- Ensure you meet deadlines and try to go the extra mile, if required.
- Protect your business through the right kind of insurance and professional liability.
- Only accept the tasks that your team is able to complete within the deadline – do not take up jobs that are way beyond your capabilities.
- Build on your strengths and skills to deliver high-quality, professional work every time.
- Invest more in your marketing to reach the right target audience to provide them with the right service they need.
- Build on old connections that you have made through your years of experience in the industry.
- Use traditional marketing tools such as handing out business cards to attract a new customer base or re-activate older relationships.
- Build long-term relationships with your clients through incorporating feedback, enhanced engagement, and high-quality services.
- Collaborate and create partnerships with other organisations to scale up business.
- Integrate technology to help broaden access and offer greater capabilities.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local service-based business information close to home.