We all have different preferences motivations for exercising, especially when it comes to WHERE we exercise. Whether you simply prefer to workout in private, or feel you do not have the time to drive to and from a gym every day, you’re not alone if you think workout out from home is your only, or best, option.
Luckily, like many things in life these days, there is an app for that.
But what should you look out for when considering downloading and/or paying for a health and fitness app? Well, that depends on your motivations.
What are you wanting to get out of it? Not all health and fitness apps offer the same thing, or are as good as others.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself before you make your final choice.
- Do I want an app that sends me daily reminders to exercise?
- Do I want an app that sends me weekly or monthly reminders of my goals and how close I am to achieving them?
- Do I want an app that has a social element to it? Like the ability to share information with friends and family?
- Do you want an app that has a community element, where you can ask questions and seek advice or support?
- Do you want an app that has a bonus, payable option to partner with a fitness coach to help you achieve your goals?
- Do you want an app that allows you to unlock achievements as you go along, and offers a reward system?
- Do you want an app that tracks your progress? In what way would you like your progress to be tracked?
- Do you want an app that has a charity element? Perhaps you wish to partner with an app that donates money for every km you run.