Whether you’re an avid gamer or wanting to start the new tradition of Friday night family games night, there are a few things you should take into account before taking the plunge and purchasing a gaming console second-hand. Here are out tips:
- First, decide whether a gaming console is right for you and your family. How much time do you intend to spend gaming each day? How many extra accessories will you need to purchase in order to make it usable?
- Next, you’ll need to decide which gaming console to choose. Are you wanting to play multi-player? How much do you want to spend? What are the parental controls? Asking yourself these questions should make the decision a breeze.
- Once you’ve decided on the perfect console, head to Gumtree to browse the multitude of great quality second-hand consoles and games on offer.
- Before purchasing, find out exactly what comes with the console. Are they including the controls, memory card, cords, and any games with it?
- Check out the product in person before you actually commit to purchasing the item. The console can look amazing on the outside but if it doesn’t even turn on or has a tendency to skip through portions of a game, it is of no use to you.
- Keep in mind that all second-hand purchases are a final sale. You are not likely to find someone who will take the item back if you find out something is wrong with it, so point five is super important!
- Once you get your new-to-you gaming console home, be sure to reset it to its factory settings before getting started.