Whether you have recently been relocated to another province or country for an amazing job opportunity, or have decided to immigrate, there may come a time where you need to ship a vehicle to somewhere too far to drive to. If this is the case for you, it is important to be informed before making the final decision on which vehicle shipping company to hire.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Open trailers are cheaper than closed trailers, however this mode of transportation leaves your vehicle more vulnerable to theft, as well as damage from the weather or other outside factors.
- Always read reviews from multiple sources to ensure you can trust the company you are about to hire. Vehicles are expensive and the last thing you want is to get to your destination only to find out your vehicle is nowhere in sight.
- Never give a large deposit as a reputable company should never require this. After all, your vehicle is collateral enough, surely? If a company does ask for a deposit, make sure it is one that makes sense and is not one that will break the bank.
- Never go with the cheapest quote you get, simply because you want to save money. Always do your due diligence to ensure the low price isn’t because their service is lacking.
- Ensure the company provides proof of insurance so that you can be confident your vehicle will be insured during transport.