When selecting a service provider, it is imperative to do your own research and due
diligence. This includes the gathering of any and all background information that can help you make an informed decision to move forward with the business deal or relationship. An important part of this process is checking references offered by the service provider. This gives you an important opportunity to speak to references and associates about their experiences with the said service provider.
Gumtree provides you with a checklist of questions you can ask the reference:
- How do you use the technology or service provided by the service provider?
- What made you select this service provider over others?
- Has the service provider been able to meet your requirements or expectations?
- Did the service provider remain within the budget or timelines provided by you?
- Can you explain your relationship with the service provider and if they have contributed to your success or not?
- Did the service provider cooperate and collaborate with other providers and vendors? How was their relationship?
- Can you give us an example of a situation where the service provider did not meet your expectations? What did they do to manage and rectify this?
- Can you give us an example where the service provider did an excellent job?
- Is there anything you wished you knew before embarking on this relationship with the service provider?
- Looking back, would you still select this service provider knowing what you know today? If yes, why? If no, why not?
- Is there any additional information regarding the service provider you would like to convey to us?
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local service provider information close to home.