Shoes, shoes, shoes… they really are the most magical accessory! As with all accessories, proper care is required to keep them looking and feeling their best.
While there are many different types of shoes and material they are made out of, there are some general guidelines to follow to ensure your shoes last.
But, luckily for you, if your shoes DON’T last, there is always Gumtree!
Here are 6 easy tips:
- The washing machine is a no-go, even for simple fabric takkies.
- Never store shoes in plastic. The material needs air to breathe.
- Do not over-wear; wearing one pair too often can change the overall structure and shape of the shoe.
- Do not wear shoes while your feet or the shoe is wet; this can cause mold, as well as health issues.
- Mud and other liquids should be wiped off shoes immediately to avoid stains, especially with leather!
- In order to keep their shape, always air dry your shoes on a flat surface.
- Do not dry your wet or damp shoes near a heat source; this can cause your shoes to lose their shape.