As an owner of a brick-and-mortar store in South Africa, you must consider having affordable payment processing solutions such as point of sale (POS) systems and card terminals for the benefit of your customers. Even mobile payment acceptance solutions can streamline the checkout and payment processes at your store. The most popular services in South Africa include SnapScan, Yoco, iKhokha, and many more. Still not convinced?
Gumtree outlines the range of benefits that you can enjoy at your brick- and-mortar store with the inclusion of these innovative payment methods:
- Security: Card readers have the capability to authenticate payments and encrypt transactions for enhanced security for your business and customers.
- Faster speeds: POS and card readers are quick and simple, preventing long queues during checkout.
- Higher profits: Reports suggest that those paying by card spend five times more than when they pay by cash, leading to greater profits for you as a business owner.
- Reduced risks: Increased card payments result in reduced use of cash, lowering the risk of fraud and theft.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Third party payment portals and mobile apps reduce waiting periods and the hassles of checkout, ensuring customers are happier.
- Record-keeping: Using POS and card machines allows you to maintain a merchant account that can help track all your transactions through online statements.
- Increased reputation: These latest payment methods increase customer trust as your business appears more legitimate.
- Business strategy: Card readers allow you to analyse your customers’ spending habits, which can be used to develop business strategies. These insights can also help in stocking your business as per customer demands.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronic information close to home.