Selecting the right habitat home for your pet is crucial to their well-being. Unfortunately, making sure they are warm, clean, and fed is not enough. Here are a few things to consider helping you make the right choice for your pet.
- For fish and other aquatic pets, an aquarium is the best and only option, of course.
- However, aquariums can also be used for other animals. Turning them into a terrarium for frogs, lizards and other reptiles is a great choice.
- If you use an aquarium as a terrarium to house reptiles, keep it out of direct sunlight to avoid the greenhouse effect of overheating.
- An aquarium can also be used to house rodents like mice, but don’t forget to purchase a mesh or special plastic lid that will help with proper ventilation.
- Wire cages are also a popular and good choice for rodents as they are far less expensive than aquariums and other terrariums.
- Be wary of wire cages if you have cats or other large animals in the house that could possible put their claws or teeth into.
- Wire cages are best for larger rodents like rabbits or guinea pigs, rather than smaller mice.