The biggest excuse in the books is that we just don’t have time to exercise. While we all have the same 24 hours in a day, we don’t all have the same commitments, responsibilities, or energy levels. Having time does not equal capacity, and that means mental or physical capacity! We totally get it; after a long day of work, coming home to cook dinner and then putting the kids to bed, we may still have the time to exercise, but really, who wants to?
Here are a few tips to help you out with ways to ramp up the moves without even realizing it!
- Decrease the convenience. By doing simple things like cooking a meal from scratch instead of ordering in, or using the stairs at work instead of the elevator will give you more energy and help you burn calories without you needing any extra time.
- Make chores exciting. Chores are a daily requirement anyways, so why not make them a bit more fun? Our best tip? Do a little jig while dusting or vacuuming!
- Take the longest route. Take the scenic route on your family weekend walk or cycle to more than one different shop for the few groceries you need to replenish.
- Get the family involved. If you have a back garden, play a few sports together as a family while dinner cooks or in between dinner and bath time.
- Turn your home into a gym. Use a few bags of flour as weights and carry them up and down the stairs, use your dining chairs as a workout bench to do arm bends using your own body weight, or do some star jumps on the spot.