As careful as you are with your car these days, there is no way you can avoid a few dents and scratches. Sometimes, it’s not even your fault – another car door may hit yours in a parking bay or a random shopping cart may brush against your boot. It just cannot be helped. But if you are planning to sell your car, we are sure you are wondering if you should get these nicks fixed?
Gumtrees tells you the pros and cons of repairing the dents in your car before making the sale:
- You will make a lasting first impression in the minds of the buyer, resulting in a better sale.
- You can ask for more money for a dent-free car than one that is not repaired as its value increases substantially.
- A car without any dents or scratches can be sold much faster than one that is not repaired.
- Paying for the repairs of the nicks and dents can cost you quite a bit of money. If you have an older car, spending this money might not make financial sense at the moment.
- Some scratches do not even need to be fixed, so spending the money can seem unnecessary.
- Repairing dents can take time, delaying the sale considerably especially if you are in a hurry to sell the vehicle.
- There is always a risk that the repair or respray job might not be of high-quality, making the car look worse than it did before.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local cars and bakkies close to home.