It’s simple – companies, big and small – that do not use social media are losing out on an excellent opportunity to market their products and services. Social media is a platform that allows businesses to connect with their customers more closely, and leverage this to reap huge growth potential. As an effective way to nurture business, social media helps organisations learn more about their consumers while increasing engagement, sales, and reputation.
Gumtree tells you why you, as a small business, must reap the benefits of social media in this environment:
- Social media allows you to build a community of consumers that are interested in your products and services.
- It allows consumers to recommend and rate your business, almost like a virtual word of mouth strategy.
- Using content marketing, small businesses can engage with a targeted audience to build awareness.
- Social media allows businesses to create a brand positioning story using advocacy of two types – employee advocacy and ambassador advocacy.
- Engage with and hire social media influencers who can present your products and services in a positive manner to their followers.
- Have one-on-one engagement with consumers through posts, live events, and other online tools.
- Through social media, the world is your oyster as there are no geographical barriers that restrict you and your audience.
- With social media, there are no operating hours for your business. Consumers have the opportunity to engage with your brand any time of the day.
- Combine e-commerce and human interactions to build a robust social commerce platform using your social media.
- Scale your advertising campaigns seamlessly without restrictions to reach the right targeted audience in different ways.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local job information close to home.