If you’re not going to wear your unworn or gently worn clothing, why not sell it to someone who will get years of enjoyment out of them? If your pre-loved items are designer, you may even have a goldmine on your hands. Designer clothing in amazing condition is hard to come by, so here are a few tips to ensure you get the sale.
- Go through your closet and make a list of everything you have, and categorize them by brand and type (shoes, purses, dresses etc.)
- Designer brands that sell best second-hand are Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang, and Louis Vuitton. If you have any of these items, you’re sure to get a great price.
- Write a descriptive, accurate account of each item in your advert including the exact measurements so that potential buyers will not have to play a guessing game. A medium is not the same with every brand.
- Take photos of the item on a hanger, as well as on you from different angles. Additionally, include photographs of any intricate details or interesting fabrics and textures.
- Include a close-up photograph of the tag to show that it is authentic.
- Be honest when describing the condition so that you do not have to deal with an unhappy buyer later on down the road.
- Do your research to see what similar items are selling for on Gumtree to ensure you do not over or under price yours.
- Be as quick as possible when responding to any queries; the more efficient, and transparent you are, the quicker you are likely to make a sale.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to sell your designer clothing! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find buyers close to home.