Home renovations have somewhat of a bad reputation. They’re sought-after, but we often associate it with forking out an arm and a leg. The truth is, home renovation projects don’t have to break the bank. In fact, you can actually MAKE money during a home renovation project. Here are simple ways to use Gumtree to both save and make money by doing some upgrades around your home.
Save money with these top two tips:
- Buy Second-Hand Materials. Browse your local Gumtree listings for:
- Flooring materials (things like hardwood flooring, tiles, and linoleum)
- Lighting (things like lamps, bulbs, electricians, and pendant lights)
- Outdoor or gardening items (things like garden sheds, tools, and decking)
- Furniture (things like couches, tables, and chairs)
- Porcelain and ceramics (things like tiles, sinks, toilets and bathtubs)
- Materials and hardware (things like kitchen cabinets, windows, and doors)
- Browse your local Gumtree listings for handymen and contractors if you need any assistance. Certain things like plumbing, electrical, and roofing require a professional’s opinion and expertise, and Gumtree has a plethora to choose from. In one of our most recent categories (Services > Building & Trades), you will find people skilled in the following (to name a few):
- Brick laying
Make money with this top tip:
- Sell all of your unwanted items on Gumtree! If you have decided to do some sprucing up around your home, chances are you are wanting to upgrade some of your furniture, lighting, and appliances, too. Unless your current ones have lived out their entire lives and need to go, you should be able to get rid of them in a sustainable way that also makes you money. Create a FREE listing on Gumtree today.