If COVID19 taught us anything it’s that we have to have a plethora of activities lined up for the little ones to keep them entertained. When things are closed and we cannot visit with others, having a list of go-to activities will help save your sanity. Similarly, when the winter rain sets in, you’ll be happy to be prepared.
Here are a few rainy-day ideas to keep your littles happy and busy!
- Movie Day. Many parents like to limit screen time for growing young minds, but when it rains, why not take the opportunity to be a little lenient and host a movie day? Grab some old DVDs, sign into Netflix, or bust out the old home movies with some popcorn and other yummy snacks and simply enjoy each other’s company.
- Board Games. A little friendly competition can be a great way to spend a rainy afternoon. Luckily, Gumtree has hundreds of old and more recent games available.
- Arts & Crafts. At last, all of the wrapping paper scraps, string, glue, and felt pens will come in handy! Checkout sites like Pinterest for some craft ideas using items you can find around the home.
- Dress Up. Back in the day, it was not uncommon to have a whole chest full of dress-up costumes and wigs. If you are not one of those families, don’t fret! Kids will find it just as fun to dress up in mommy and daddy’s clothes. Playing dress-up is the perfect way to bring out their imaginations!
- Get Wet. If all else fails, give in to the rain and just let loose! Grab your wellies and rain jackets and go puddle jumping. Once you’re done, head back inside for some hot chocolate.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you’ll need for a fun rainy day close to home.