The way we do our laundry has advanced dramatically over the decades with the advent of the washing machine. And now, the concept of washing and drying in one sleek machine is the way to go. You throw in your dirty clothes and out come dry, clean, fresh clothes! But if you are still on the fence about whether to buy a washer dryer combo, Gumtree is here to outline the pros and cons. Read on to find out more.
Pros of having a washer-dryer combo:
- With two appliances now in one convenient package, you will be able to save space in your home.
- You have the option to use the washing and drying functions separately. So, if you have washed baby clothes by hand and just want them dried, the dryer function does the work for you.
- There is no need for manual intervention between the two functions i.e., you do not have to physically take wet clothes out to put them in the dryer, saving you time and effort.
- The horizontal axis drum design in this appliance is gentler on your clothes.
Cons of owning a washer-dryer combo:
- The washing and drying cycle in such an appliance can take a long time to complete – anywhere between 3 to 6 hours.
- The drying function can only hold half the capacity of what has been washed. So if you have just washed a huge load, you may have to dry it in two cycles.
- These appliances can end up using staggering amounts of water for the washing and drying cycles. In some cases, the drying function may use more water than the washing!
If you are looking to invest in a washer-dryer combo for your home, Gumtree provides you with a list of eco-friendly options that reduce your overall footprint.
- Whirlpool WFW5620HW Washer and Dryer WED562OHW
- LG Electronics WT7100CW & DLE7100W
- LG Electronics WM9000HVA & DLEX9000V
- Samsung WW22N6850QX & DVE22N6850X
- GE Stacked Washer & Dryer Set with Front Load Washer and Electric Dryer