If you’re a high school student looking to save up for University, or are simply wanting to make some extra cash while your little ones are at school, a part time job might be just what you are after. But what jobs can you get with little to no experience?
Here are a few great options to consider:
- Retail: If you love people and shopping (who doesn’t?!) then retail might be the perfect choice for you! From more administrative positions like cashier to direct selling or designing storefront window displays, there are a lot of options to suit just about everyone. And the best part? Most retail positions offer employees a staff discount! Winning!
- Catering: Whether you would prefer actually cooking the dishes or serving, catering is a highly versatile option. This job relies purely on events, so hours are flexible, and you do not have to plan too far in advance. Additionally, a catering gig can often come with free food. All you will need is a good work ethic and a willingness to learn as training will be involved. And lastly, if you go the serving route, tips are a great bonus, too!
- House Keeping: If you are a very organized person and are known to keep your own home in tip-top shape, you might want to consider a housekeeping position. Bonus: if you are a student, this would also be the perfect time to catch up on some pre-recorded lectures!
- Delivery Driver: Online shopping is huge today, so the demand for people to take delivery jobs is huge. You can choose your own hours, they require minimal social interaction, and often come with tips, too! As long as you have a valid license, you should be good to go.
- Babysitter or Au Pair. If you are great with kids, have a certification in CPR and First Aid, and can provide reputable personal references, a babysitting job could be a great option for you. Parents are very protective, so if you have no experience other than with close family or friends, you will need to do your best to prove to them that you are safe, and qualified to take care of their children.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to search for your next part-time job! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find jobs close to home.