The turn of the season brings so many changes to the way we feel, dress, and socialise. Why not arrange your wardrobe to match the hues of the outside world?
Organising your wardrobe can give you peace of mind, save oodles of space and avoid you from hoarding. Gumtree helps you to organise your closet by season and colour:
- Empty and get sorted: First things first – empty out your entire wardrobe so you can see every piece of clothing you own. Sort them out in piles based on weather, everyday wear, special occasions etc.
- Arrange by season: Lightweight materials such as linen, cotton and silk are perfect for summer/spring, while denim, polyester, and corduroy work best in winters. Remember to also have a ‘donate’ and ‘maybe’ pile.
- Storage: If you are short on space, use these fantastic storage hacks to create space: hang summer tops on shower rings and suspend from a single hanger, store pants and jeans in tote bags etc. It is most important to pack away the clothes you do not need for the next few months in drawers or suitcases.
- Hangers: Colour-coordinate or neutralise your hangers so the focus is on your clothes when you open your closet.
- Storage: Buy storage bins and baskets in neutral colours as this gives the illusion of more space.
- Rainbow: The most common way to organise your clothes by colour is to follow the colours of the rainbow (ROYGBV) – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet while adding in the browns, whites, and blacks.
- Dark to light: If the rainbow style does not appeal to you, try the dark-to-light method.
- Colour-coordinate each clothing: If you want to go a step further, organise each type of clothing you have (short sleeves, skirts, pants etc.) by colour.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find clothing close to home.