COVID19 really has put a damper on everyone’s plans this year. While we can now have small gatherings, many parents of young children are still not feeling comfortable having people over that are not in their immediate bubble. So, what do we do to make our children feel special for their birthdays during this strange and unsettling time? Here are a few ideas!
- Birthday parade. Invite friends and family to create DIY birthday signs, fill balloons, and drive by your home.
- Zoom party. Send out an invite to all your friends and family to participate in a virtual dance party, games session, or simple group chat to wish your little one.
- Treasure hunt. Hide a bunch of small gifts around the house and create clues to help your kids find them.
- Spa day. Plan a relaxing day of manicures, pedicures, and facials.
- Movie marathon. Put together the most epic Christmas bed in the living room, purchase your little one’s favourite snacks and treats, and plan an afternoon of movies.
- Game day. Browse Gumtree to find a whole new set of board games, card games, and video games. Make it extra fun by adding some healthy competition; the winner gets extra birthday treats. Of course, this is the time to let your kids win!
- Chef for the day. Have your child choose ingredients to create their favourite meals for the day, or allow them to choose special take aways as a birthday treat.