As we have said many a time before, moving can be stressful! Being organized is the best key to success when it comes to stress-free moving. Here are our top tips to make it as seamless as possible.
- Sell all of your unwanted items on Gumtree. Why spend time, money, and effort moving things you don’t necessarily need? This is a great way to grab some extra cash, too.
- If possible, donate any items in decent position. If this is not a possibility, hire a dumpster to get rid of everything in one place; this can also then be used for all other garbage that may arise throughout the moving and cleaning process.
- Make a list of everything you are putting into each box so that you do not spend weeks in your new home trying to figure out where everything is.
- Have a bin or box for all necessities you will need for your first day and night. This could include things like mugs for morning coffee, a plate and cutlery for each person, tooth brushes, and more.
- Instead of taking all hanging clothing items off the hangers and packing them in a box, keep them on their hangers and simply place black garbage bags over them, with an elastic band to secure the hanger hooks together.
- If you have clothes in a chest of drawers, keep those clothes in the drawers when moving them.
- Pack heavy books and other heavy items in suitcases rather than boxes that may not hold up.
- Use socks to pack glasses and other breakables.