Adding a canopy to your bakkie can be a great investment to make, giving your vehicle even greater utility. Depending on your line of work, a canopy can give you more storage space, greater flexibility, and protection from harsh weather conditions.
Gumtree helps you understand a few factors before you delve into your canopy investment:
1. Material: The material of the canopy you invest in for your bakkie can also affect your ride quality. Fibre glass canopies offer durability, and fuel efficiency, apart from being aesthetically pleasing too. Aluminium canopies are resilient and light weight, while canvas canopies can be custom-made with windows or additional structures.
2. Style: Bakkie canopies come in a variety of styles for you to choose from according to your general requirements. These include single cab, double cab, slide on, standard low line and space savers.
3. Accessories: Apart from the general structure of the canopy, you can also invest in several accessories for greater utility. For example, some popular accessories include roof racks, side steps, nudge bars, doggy bars etc. Other considerations are lighting inside or outside the canopy as well as the options of horizontal or vertical doors.
4. Installation: The next decision you must take is if you want a canopy that is removable or one that must be secured to your bakkie. In this regard, lighter canopies are more portable, while the heavier ones offer greater durability.
5. Price: Finally, the cost of the canopy depends on all the above-mentioned features.
However, it is also recommended to find a second-hand canopy on Gumtree to save costs.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local car and bakkie information close to home.