Other than fear, of course, one of the biggest obstacles in one’s way when choosing whether or not to start a business is money. What many fail to realize, however, is that there are many types of businesses that require very little money at the outset. With that knowledge, you may be wondering what types of businesses these could be? The best option is to take a long think about what your passions and talents are, and be creative about how you can monetize them.
Once you decide on a business to start, Gumtree will be your best friend when it comes to getting the word out there! By placing a free advert in our Services category, tens of thousands of residents in your area will be able to see what you offer. To get started, click here.
If you are still unsure about what business would be best for you, here are a few of the most inexpensive businesses to start.
- Bookkeeping services. For those with a knack for numbers, consider starting a business offering basic bookkeeping to small businesses that may need the extra time to focus on other things.
- Consulting. This could be for anything from business management, to social media management, or match making.
- Dog Walking or Pet Sitting. For animal lovers with daytime hours to spare.
- Child Care. The most inexpensive route to go here would be to offer babysitting services for couples’ date nights or for wedding weekend getaways that require sitters.
- Virtual Assisting. If you are a computer whiz, why not market those skills as someone’s next virtual assistant? You could assist with any computer-based projects.
- Tutoring. For those who consider themselves an expert or highly knowledgeable in a particular topic, this is a great, and inexpensive way to make some extra cash.
- Non-Medical Care Giver. Why not become a companion for the elderly?
- DIY Contractor. If you regularly do DIY projects around the home, from fixing things up or upcycling old items into something new, why not charge an hourly or fixed rate to do the same for others in your neighbourhood?
- Errand Service. Especially now during a pandemic, there are loads of people who prefer to stay in. A great, and inexpensive, business idea would be to offer your time to run errands and grocery shop for others.
- Photography. All you will need is a good quality DSLR camera and a creative eye for this one!