Finding the best person for the job is always the goal. While writing an ad with a long description about what the job entails and what skills and experience the right candidate will possess are crucial, these details alone may not be enough.
Having a strong employer brand theme throughout your posting could make all the difference.
If you think about it, other than knowing you can handle a particular job, what attracts you to apply for a new position? The business itself, right? A business that promotes itself as having an inclusive culture, one that has great perks and benefits, or one that offers a stylish office design is a business more likely to find quality candidates that are also a good cultural fit, than one that does not.
With employer branding in mind, here are 5 extra things to include in your job ad on Gumtree:
- Keep the company culture in mind while writing your job ad so that it becomes a theme throughout, and not simply one bullet point. If the business is fun and casual, reflect that in the style of writing.
- Include the top 5 reasons why the company is an awesome one to work for.
- Include the top 3 things that you don’t want in a candidate, and the 4 qualities you’d love in a candidate.
- Include 5 things the company will never do, like discriminate, for example.
- Include the top 3 reasons why existing employees love their jobs.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time post your job ad! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find applicants close to your business.