Selling your home without the help of a real estate expert can be tough, but it doesn’t have to be! In South Africa, you’ll have tens of thousands of ready and willing buyers just waiting for their dream property to come around. With the help of Gumtree and a well-written advert, you’ll make the perfect match in no time.
So, how do you write a winning real-estate ad on Gumtree?
- Highlight unique features that you feel will be desirable to a potential buyer. Things like a wine cellar, a large walk-in closet, or a swimming pool are a bonus in your home and will appeal to the masses so you will want to ensure these features are ‘loud and proud’ on your ad.
- Entice, but don’t give away too much. You will want to include just enough information that potential buyers get a good idea of what the home includes, but still leaves them wanting to know more.
- Mention upgrades and renovations. A well-maintained or newly updated home is very desirable, and knowing that things like the roof will not need replacing in 6 months will be a large bonus to potential buyers.
- Use your words wisely. We recommend using positive descriptive words when describing how your home looks and feels. Choose ‘cozy’ over ‘small’, and ‘has character’ over ‘old’.
- Include as much information about your home’s location as possible. Someone may be looking to move to a particular city, but favours one end over the other. Include things like nearby intersections or landmarks to give buyers a better idea.
- State the price. Using fake pricing (hello, R1,23456!) is off-putting and has most people assuming the real price is high and out of their price range.