No one thought the COVID-19 pandemic would last this long. But, it has. And what’s more? It is not going away any time soon. There is no better time than now to boost your health and fitness, even if it means doing it form home. Here are a few helpful tips to get you going!
- Choose a time and place. Having a designated time each day or week set aside specifically for focusing on your fitness will add some structure to your day and help keep you accountable.
- Mix things up. Exercise can get monotonous if you aren’t mixing things up. One of the best parts about at-home workouts is that you have a plethora of options at your fingertips with the likes of YouTube or other fitness video software.
- Be consistent. Make sure you exercise at least 1-2 times a week if you are a newbie, and up to 5 days if you are more experienced. A workout here and there will unfortunately not make any impact to your overall health.
- Don’t just target one body part. In each workout, include an exercise for upper body vertical pushing, upper body horizontal pushing, upper body pulling, something core-focused, squats, lunges, and hip-hinges.
- Track your progress. One of the easiest ways to stay consistent in this process is by tracking your progress. Seeing the results of your labour is the ultimate motivation!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Staying hydrated is important regardless, but if you are getting your body moving, you should be drinking up to 3 litres a day to increase alertness and energy levels.