Taking care of your hairbrush is just like taking care of every other item in your fashion and beauty collection. You likely don’t even think that cleaning your hair brush is meant to be a thing, but proper maintenance can make yours last longer than usual.
Here are a few top tips.
- For all the below tips, you will need one or more of the following materials: a comb with a pointy handle, a toothbrush, a large glass bowl (big enough to fit your brush), a gentle shampoo, and a towel.
- Remove hair from the bristles of your brush after every use. This is where a point-tipped comb will come in handy.
- Shampoo your hair brush about once a month to remove dirt and oil build-up. Swirl the head of your brush into a large bowl of warm water. Then, place a few drops of gentle shampoo on the bristles of a toothbrush and gently scrub the head of your brush. Swirl the head of your brush around in the warm bowl of water again to rinse it clean.
- Do not soak your brush in water; this can cause damage to the cushion and any wooden parts your brush may have.
- After a wash, place your hair brush bristles-down onto a towel and let it dry overnight.