Gumtree Autos provides an amazing platform or the buying and selling of all types of vehicles. With such a high number of listings, sellers need to be on top form in order to attract the right buyer at the right price. When it comes to creating your listing, every little detail matters if you want to get the right price for your ride.
Here are a few of our top tips to photographing your vehicle to attract buyers:
- Prep your Ride. Give your vehicle a good clean, inside and out. Whether you do it yourself at home or opt for a professional detailer, be sure it is spotless from top to bottom before taking any photographs. A dirty or poorly maintained vehicle will not attract the right buyers and will send them running.
- Choose the Right Backdrop. Opt for a clutter-free, neutral background to help your vehicle stand out.
- Golden Hour. Middle of the day lighting is unflattering (the sun is often too bright!) so in order to avoid harsh, washed-out lighting, we would recommend taking shots during ‘golden hour’, which is the time right before the sun sets. This is the most popular time for professional photographers to take outdoor photographs!
- Negative Space. Take your photographs from a bit of a distance to include some negative space around your vehicle. This eliminates a claustrophobic, zoomed-in appearance.
- It’s all in the Details. Take more photographs then you think is necessary, and include every little detail you think would attract buyers. Don’t forget to take shots of any damage too, as buyers would rather know about them before they meet you in person to take your ride for a spin.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to sell your ride! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to attract buyers close to home.