Most of us enjoy a clean, tidy, and clutter-free home. But for some reason when it comes to playrooms, we turn a blind eye as organizing them just seems too big a mountain to climb.
Do you feel seen? Us too! We get it. It’s tough. But thankfully, there is a solution for that. Here are our top tips to organizing your children’s playroom like the boss that you are.
- Get rid of all broken toys or games with missing pieces.
- Place a free ad on Gumtree to sell any items your kids have not played with in the last year. If they haven’t touched it in that long, chances are they are no longer interested.
- Use clear bins for storage so that your kids don’t have to take every item out of the bins to find the one they are looking for.
- Use removable labels to clearly mark what is inside each bin.
- Have designated bins for small pieces, like Lego, so kids can simply dump them all into the container when they are done playing. The less fuss the better.
- Create a small playroom library by purchasing second-hand book shelves from Gumtree. Having all their books stacked at eye-level will help them keep them tidy.
- While tall storage cabinets save room, especially when your space is small, these are not ideal for children. Consider the heights of your children when choosing storage and choose ones that will work best for them. That way, they will be able to help you clean up at the end of the day.
- Store the messiest items out of reach, like playdoh, paints, or other art supplies.
- Use play mats on the playroom floor to make tidying up any spills easier.
- Create games to play with your kids that involve cleaning up like calling out different colours and having your kids pick up all toys with that colour and put them away.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need for playroom organization close to home.