Bath bombs are the bomb! They look, smell, and feel great, turning a bath into a luxurious experience. But did you know you can save big bucks and make your own bath bombs at home? Gumtree gives you the perfect recipe to create your own:
Recipe for bath bombs
- Baking soda: 1 cup
- Citric acid: ½ cup
- Epsom salt: ½ cup
- Cornstarch: ½ cup
- Water: ¾ teaspoon
- Essential oils such as lavender, lemongrass or any one you prefer: 2 teaspoons
- Oil such as baby oil or coconut: 2 teaspoons
- Food colouring: A few drops
- Mould such as muffin trays or round plastic ones
- Decorations such as dried flowers: Optional
- Mix all the dry ingredients, except the citric acid, in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients in a large jar. Close the lid and shake to mix evenly.
- Once mixed, pour the liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix well with your hands. Add the citric acid. This may result in slight fizziness.
- Fill the moulds with the mixture as tightly as possible. Remove them immediately and let them dry overnight on wax paper.
- Let them dry completely for a day or two before using them or gifting them to family and friends.
Gumtree also outlines the benefits of using bath bombs:
- The oils and other ingredients are great for the skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- They are all natural and chemical-free.
- The delightful smells and fizziness create a luxurious atmosphere.
- The citric acid can repair, heal, and rejuvenate your skin.
- The aromatherapy benefits of the essential oils in a bath bomb can relax and calm you down.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local home and garden information close to home.