The worst part about coming home from a road trip full of happy memories is having to wash a week’s worth of clothing and essentially give your ride a DIY valet service. But what if there were simple things you could do along the way to keep your ride clean during the trip? Thankfully, there is.
Here are our top tips.
- Streamline your boot with a collapsible tote or some other storage device with dividers or compartments. The more organized your boot is, the cleaner you can keep it along the way.
- Protect the floors from all the extra dust, dirt, spilled food, and mud with rubber floor mats meant for all types of weather.
- Shield your seats, especially if you have young children who are prone to making messes and spilling drinks or food, with removable seat covers. Or simply opt for a blanket or towel.
- Purchase a seat cover made of heavy duty materials to protect your back seats if you have a dog in tow.
- Have a designated trash bag tied inside the car to avoid littering your floors.
- Grab spill-proof snack containers for kids.
- Use silicone cupcake or muffin liners to protect your cup holders from drink spillage.
- Keep a set of all-purpose wet wipes inside the vehicle to quickly remove dirt and spilled food or drinks on the go to avoid a sticky mess that is difficult to remove at a later stage.
- Keep a small, portable vacuum cleaner in your boot.