If losing weight healthily is your goal, hiring a nutritionist is one of the best moves, and investments, you can make for yourself. Once you find the right one for you, they’ll be able to find solutions based on your body type, your lifestyle, and your unique needs while holding you accountable at the same time.
Here are four questions you need to ask your potential nutritionist before hiring:
- What certifications do you have? Unfortunately, almost anyone can call themselves a nutritionist because they have done a quick only course. Make sure you ask potential nutritionists what training and certifications they have, as you will want one that is registered and that has a degree.
- What do you specialize in? If you have a pre-existing condition, like diabetes, you will want to find a nutritionist that has training in and experience working with.
- What is your approach? Some nutritionists focus on behavioural strategies, others write meal plans for you based on your specific needs, and some do both. It is important to find a nutritionist who’s approach and philosophies jive with yours.
- How much do your services cost? It is important to know upfront whether it is a one-time fee that you pay, if you pay per session, or if you pay a monthly fee. Make sure you get a detailed understanding of what exactly comes with each proposed cost, too. There is nothing worse than the surprise of having to pay extra when you hadn’t bargained on it, because by then you’ve already invested time and energy into your health.
- Do you offer group programs? If you are on a budget, one way to get the help you need while saving money is by joining a group program whether that be traditional sessions in a group setting or support groups.