Whether you’re in the market for a new or second-hand vehicle, or are keen to downgrade to a one vehicle family and earn some extra cash, Gumtree makes selling your ride easier than ever. With over one million monthly active users, finding a keen buyer in your neighbourhood should be a breeze. But are you listing your ride at the correct price? Having the right asking price will ensure you sell your vehicle as quickly as possible.
So how do you know what to sell it at, you ask? Read on for a few things to consider.
- Mileage: the lower the mileage, the more your vehicle is worth.
- Overall Condition: you will want to take all scratches, rust, fabric tears, and overall wear and tear into account.
- Service Record: have you taken your vehicle in for all of services and kept record? If yes, this is a bonus and increases the value to the next buyer as they will want to see how well the car was taken care of.
- Accidents: if your car has been in any accidents, you will want to be honest with prospective buyers. Even if any damage has been repaired, it could still decrease the value.
- Market Value: use Gumtree’s car price checker to see what similar vehicles are selling for.
- Condition of Consumables: if your tyres or brake pads need replacing, this can lower the value to buyers as they will have to fork out the cash to fix these.
- Warranties: do you have a transferrable warranty? If so, buyers will find this as a huge plus, thus increasing the value of your ride.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find these items close to home.