Whether you’re in a small home because of affordability, or if that is simply all the space you need, you’re likely going to want to ensure you maximize the spaciousness of your space. When space is limited, being resourceful when it comes to interior decorating can do wonders. Here are a few tips you may find helpful!
- Mount your TV on the wall, rather than having it atop an entertainment centre or unit.
- Keep wall colours as light and neutral as possible throughout your entire home.
- Add large mirrors to the walls to give the illusion of more space.
- Be strategic when it comes to storage. Opt for floating shelves to limit using too much floor space.
- Choose a large rug that fits beneath the couches and other furniture to draw the eye outwards.
- Use open wall space in the kitchen to clear clutter from the countertops by storing pots and pans on floating shelves.
- Make use of wall space over the toilet by adding another bar to hang towels or by adding shelves to store skincare products.
- Opt for a pedestal or floating vanity to free up floor space in your bathroom.
- Install a pocket door rather than having doors that swing open.
- Buy multi-functional furniture like a headboard with built-in shelves or a bed with built-in storage drawers underneath.
- Avoid darkening your windows with large window treatments and curtains. Make use of every bit of natural light you can.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need for home furniture and décor close to home.