A wedding is one of the most special days in a person’s life. Everything needs to be just right, from the décor to the outfits. Most brides begin preparing for their big day a year in advance just so everything is perfect.
One of the main considerations of a wedding is the food and drink choices for your guests. Be it a sit-down, formal dinner or cocktail hour with canapes, the wedding caterer is a key piece of this momentous occasion. So, what should you consider before hiring a wedding caterer?
Gumtree gives you a checklist of some important questions to ask going ahead:
- Do you have any other weddings/obligations on the day?
- How much space will you need at the venue?
- How much time will you need to setup and clean up?
- Do you have a set menu, or can you customise according to our tastes?
- What are your most popular dishes?
- Do you charge a cost per person or a lump sum?
- Can you accommodate the dietary requirements of our guests?
- What are your portion sizes, and can you handle last-minute requests?
- Where do you source your food from?
- Do you have a bartender and if so, can we customise our drinks menu?
- What is your server to guest ratio?
- What is the deposit you need to book our date?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Now that you have this list, add your own personal queries in terms of cuisines, styles, and pricing before you meet with the caterer.
Gumtree also has a few important tips before you book:
- Booking early is essential
- Find reviews and ratings on social media
- Consider all the logistics
- Establish a budget
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find services close to home.