As a manager or a business owner, you know the impact a strong marketing strategy can have on business success. Digital marketing strategies are complex and innovative, thereby requiring just the right person or team to implement them. If you do not have the resources to hire an in-house marketing team, you have the option to choose from hiring a digital agency or an experienced freelancer. But how do you choose?
Gumtree gives you the pros and cons of a freelancer versus a digital agency:
- Digital marketing freelancers are backed by strong educational degrees, giving them a well-rounded approach to complete projects successfully.
- They are adept at providing time, focus and dedication to one project at a time.
- They charge much less than agencies and bring a similar level of expertise and knowledge.
- As the freelancer does not work in your organisation, they may find it hard to incorporate intrinsic brand values into the marketing strategy.
- A freelancer is a one-man/woman army. Thus, unforeseen circumstances such as illness or emergencies can put your project on hold.
- Due to a dearth of resources, freelancers may not be able to handle or cater to the demands of large organisations.
Digital marketing agency
- With a team of highly skilled individuals, a digital marketing agency assures quality as they have a reputation and standard to maintain.
- Unforeseen circumstances do not affect the timeline of the project as they have multiple members in the project team to ensure timeous work.
- Digital agencies are looking to build long-term relationships with clients, thus assuring optimal results for your project in the long run.
- An agency almost always charges much more than a freelancer.
- As an agency has multiple accounts and clients, your work will not be a priority for them.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find services close to home.