Knowing exactly what to look for when choosing a company to assist in your big move will help make the entire process much easier, with far less stress and hassle. Here are our top 5 tips!
- Always look for recommendations before anything else. The best judge for just about anything is getting personal accounts of experiences. Ask around with family and friends for any recommendations they may have. If they have never used any reputable movers, perhaps they can extend the question to their inner circle, too.
- Always check the physical address given on their website. To ensure a moving company is legitimate, they should have a professional website, as well as a real address filled with the right equipment. Consider visiting them in-person before hiring to avoid being scammed.
- Always verify their credentials. Do some research to find out what the legal rules and regulations are for moving companies. This way, you can verify that they have the right certifications in place.
- Always read internet reviews. Another good way to know whether a moving company is legitimate and will protect your goods is to read reviews. Your family member may have had a good experience, but if 99% of the other reviews you read about them are bad, they may not be a great choice.
- Always get estimates first. Before pulling the trigger, get at least three estimates from your top three choices. While less is obviously good for the wallet, if one is abnormally lower than the others, be wary as it may mean they have hidden fees that will come up later.