With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, families across the globe scrambled to buy medical equipment that could help manage any illness. The most popular of these is the digital thermometer. But with so many types and brands to choose from, the process of investing in one can be confusing. We have a solution: why not buy one from Gumtree by reading detailed descriptions and contacting sellers?
Gumtree also outlines the following factors to consider before buying your digital thermometer.
- Accuracy: The accuracy of a digital thermometer is its most important attribute. Buy a thermometer that has been recommended by medical professionals who can vouch for its precision.
- Age group: Determine who will be using the digital thermometer. We recommend buying one that can be used across all age groups. However, there are specific infant and baby thermometers that you can pick up for your little ones too.
- Speed: If you need a digital thermometer for your baby, you know time is not on your side. Invest in a thermometer that is quick and accurate in its reading before your wriggly baby gets impatient.
- Backlit display: We recommend buying a digital thermometer with a backlit display so you can read temperatures at night too. It is essential to sanitise and clean your thermometer after every use.
Follow these tips from Gumtree to take care of your thermometer:
- Dowse a cotton ball in sanitiser or rubbing alcohol (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Wipe the thermometer with the cotton ball thoroughly.
- Remove traces of alcohol by rinsing the thermometer with water. However, just wipe the display and other digital components with a damp cotton or cloth.
- Air dry the thermometer and store it away.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronics information close to home.