Whether you are an HR manager, or an owner of a small business looking to find new employees to fill some important roles, the goal is always the same: find the best person for the job.
So how do you attract the right candidates? Here are 5 simple tips for how to write an effective job ad on Gumtree.
- Save time through having a better selection of CVs to scroll through, and save time when it comes to interviewing candidates by making your ad as specific and in-depth as possible.
- Creating a vague ad with little information will deter the more qualified applicants, and will invite a massive number of CVs to be sent as desperate job seekers look for anyone who will take them.
- Include all details about the position. A few essential details are the company name and some details about what the company does, the position name and what the role would be responsible for, required skills and characteristics, benefits (if there are any), how applicants must apply (if you have a preference), and position start date.
- Including a little bit about the company in the job ad will save time in interviews as you will not have to spend 5-10 minutes explaining the history of the businesses. Rather spend the interview getting to know the applicant to see if they will be the best fit.
- Leave the salary or hourly rate for the interview rather than publicly stating it. Current employees may feel uncomfortable with outsiders knowing how much they are making. Additionally, leaving it off gives applicants the opportunity to plead their case in the interview and to state their expectations.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time post your job ad! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find applicants close to your business.