When it comes to how often we should wash particular items of clothing, the consensus is usually that it depends on the fabric it is made out of, and how often you wear them. If we are to go with that theory, you would think we would have to wash our pajamas every day, since we wear our pajamas every night, right? Not necessarily.
The jury may be divided on this one, but we’ll let you make your own call. Here are a few things to consider.
- Yes, we wear them every night, but we are usually nice and clean when we slip them on, and we usually only wear them while indoors.
- On the other hand, what about natural body oils and odours, perspiration, dead skin cells, and skin care products that could get on them?
- Do you wear your pajamas as the only garment, or do you wear another layer underneath? If the latter, your pajamas could go a longer period between washes.
- If your pajamas are only one layer, perhaps they should be treated as undergarments and washed after each wear?
- If you are prone to sweating while you sleep, your pajamas should be washed as often as possible, if not after every wear.
- If washing daily is not an option, consider showering before you put your pajamas, and limit the amount of lotion or other products you put on your skin. This should make your pajamas feel fresh for a few days longer than usual.
So, what are your thoughts on the matter?