The decision of choosing a colour for your new car must not be taken lightly. Afterall, you do not want to regret it every day you drive it.
It is simple: if you dislike the colour, it is more than likely that you will dislike the car. But did you know there is a psychology behind this process of choosing? The colour you choose may reveal more about your personality than you know. Let Gumtree break it down for you:
- Grey: People who choose grey are humble, understated, not too loud and prefer blending into the crowd.
- Black: A colour that is usually associated with being evil or villainous in the movies but not in this case. Choosing black for your car can suggest power and prestige.
- White: A white car can portray cleanliness and organisation. However, the ‘calm’ demeanour may not apply to BMW drivers in South Africa! 😊
- Blue: The colour of the sky and water, it is associated with being calm and peaceful, while invoking a sense of stability.
- Red: Fiery, passionate, and powerful – these are the emotions associated with the colour red. So, if you have a red car, chances are you like standing out.
- Silver: A common colour with cars across the world, it represents innovation and a futuristic outlook. These drives may be forward thinking and modern.
So, is there a relationship between the colour of your car and your insurance premium? Gumtree gives you the inside scoop. Insurance premiums are not charged according to the colour of your car, but how visible it is on the road. Thus, if the colour you choose is statistically known to be in more accidents, your premium may be higher.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find cars and bakkies close to home.