Technology affects the way we live, communicate and think. Our life is run by GPS tracking systems, wearable techs, mobile phones and apps to a large extent.
The GPS tracking systems of today are revolutionary – they don’t just take us from point A to point B but also offer a level of safety and security, especially for drivers. According to reports from the World Health Organisation (WHO), a whopping 1.25 million people die annually from road traffic deaths. Read on to find out how a GPS tracking system is beneficial to us on the road every day:
- It alerts drivers when they go over the speed limit.
- It reduces the incidence of hard braking or acceleration.
- It alerts drivers when they are not wearing their seatbelt.
- Maintenance of the vehicle i.e. oil changes, tire rotations etc. can be added as alerts.
You can also pick up affordable state-of-the-art wearable technology on Gumtree that can enhance personal and workplace safety. Read on to find out how:
- Monitoring: The wearable tech can monitor injury, posture, heart rate and more in employees for signs of fatigue or distress.
- Alerting: These devices can also alert users of harmful situations including dangerous levels of toxins or noise.
- Training: Some wearable tech can be programmed to help users learn tasks through real-time training and instructions.
Finally, there are several apps that you can download in South Africa to keep yourself safe and secure. These include:
- Namola: This is considered the country’s most well-known safety app that provides emergency response services
- My SAPS: This app was developed in partnership with Vodacom to enhance communication between the public and police.
- Life360: This app allows you to create ‘Private Circles’ of family and friends to check on their locations and real-time whereabouts.
- Bull Horns Panic Button: This app, which is perfect for close-knit communities, can send alerts to the closest available responders.